For 2013 Awards Process
- Ideas submitted must support innovation and improvement in technology, work flow, product flow, contracting decision, and/or processes involving efficiencies in time or cost savings that directly relate to quality of patient care.
- Submission process begins on October 15, 2012.
- All entries must be submitted using the online awards application by November 16, 2012, to be evaluated. However, only 10 applications will be accepted in each of three categories based on health system/facility size (1-999 beds, 1000-2999 beds, and >3000 beds) and the fourth category of regional purchasing coalitions.
- Entries will be reviewed by the IDN Summit Education Advisory Board to ensure that all answers and criteria for the self-audit have been completed. Entrants for each category will be posted online for voting in the “Peer Review Process” beginning December 10, 2012. Voting closes January 31, 2013.
- The national winners in each size category based on the number of online votes received will then be announced on or about February 12, 2013. Voters may not vote for submissions from their own facility/health system. In the event of a tie, the IDN Summit Education Advisory Board will name the national winner of the affected category.
- All submission applicants must be in attendance at the event to receive their awards.
Please read the following carefully:
The online voting will determine the national winners of each category based on total votes. In the event of a tie, the IDN Summit Education Advisory Board will determine the national winner of the affected category.
Once the category winners are chosen, they will present to their peers at the 2013 Spring IDN Summit & Expo during the breakout session on April 23 and the general session on April 24. Voting by qualified attendees of the 2013 Spring IDN Summit & Expo will determine the overall national winner from among the four national category winners.
To complete your ballot, we ask that you provide us your contact information to ensure the authenticity of the peer review process. Requested information includes your name, title, business name, phone number and email address. YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO PLACE YOUR BALLOT ONE TIME. All business and personal information will be held in strictest confidence and utilized only for internal purposes at Bluegrass Business Media and the IDN Summit and Expo. Only current senior hospital and health system executives are eligible to vote online and at the Spring IDN Summit. Titles eligible to vote may include: C Suite executives, EVPs, VPs, directors and senior managers of supply chain or other departments. Voters may not vote for submissions from their own facility/health system.
What are the evaluation criteria?
As you evaluate each entrant’s submission, look for the following:
- Submissions must identify a quantifiable supply chain improvement during 2011-2012 involving efficiencies in time or cost savings that directly impacted the quality of patient care.
The winners in each size category will be determined by total vote count for that size category.
The deadline for applying is November 16, 2012.
Download the PowerPoint presentation, designed to be distributed to your team members for easy understanding.
Peer review voting will begin on or before December 10, 2012, and the four finalists will present their ideas at the 2013 Spring IDN Summit.
Submission deadline: November 16, 2012
Online voting: December 10, 2012 - January 31, 2013
Finalists announced: February 12, 2013
Presentations at the Spring IDN Summit: April 22 and 23, 2013
Do you have more questions?
Please contact Lisa Ponssa: click to email or call 859.309.6725